What is LAND?
LAND is a program that is designed to assist people planning to enter or exit dairy farming. A local work group consisting of agricultural professionals from UW-Extension, Farm Service Agency, CP Feeds, Investors Community Bank and Lakeshore Farm Management Association manage the program. LAND covers nine Lake Michigan area counties: Brown, Calumet, Door, Fond du Lac, Kewaunee, Manitowoc, Ozaukee, Sheboygan, and Washington. LAND Brochure
What can LAND do for you?
- Link exiting and beginning dairy producers in order to form a partnership or joint venture
- Assist beginning dairy producers with an opportunity to work with existing facilities and cows in order to start farming
- Assist exiting dairy producers to gradually transition out of farming
- Assist beginning dairy producers to locate a facility in order to start farming
- Assist exiting dairy producers in the transition out of the dairy business
How do you qualify to participate in the program?
- You are thinking about retiring in the next few years
- You are looking to partner with someone to ease your daily work load
- You are looking to sell your property and business
- You are already out of farming, but would like to work with a beginning farmer in order to use the facilities
- Your operating or vacant farm is for sale or rent
- You want to start dairy farming, but cannot afford to purchase an entire working operation at this time
- You want to get some dairying experience before starting out of your own
- You would like to rent or buy a portion of a current working operation
How do you sign up?
Fill out the appropriate document below and send it back to:
Manitowoc County UW-Extension
P.O. Box 1150
Manitowoc, WI 54220-1150
More questions? Contact your local member of LAND:
- Scott Gunderson, Manitowoc County UW-Extension, 920-683-4175
- Brad Englebert, Farm Service Agency, 920-683-5119
- Joel Marquardt, Lakeshore Farm Management Assoc., 920-775-3900
- Dennis Schueller, CP Feeds, 920-901-1497
- Roger Sinkula, Investors Community Bank, 920-686-5660
- Aerica Bjurstrom, Kewaunee County UW-Extension, 920-388-7138
- Tina Kohlman, Fond Du Lac County UW-Extension, 920-929-3180
- Eric Ronk, Calumet County, UW -Extension, 920-849-1450