Mission: UW-Extension Family Living Programs provide education promoting family strengths and help communities become positive environments for family life. Programs respond to individual, family and community needs with research-based education and partnerships that support Wisconsin families and communities.
Family Living News
UW-Extension Parenting Newsletters Access and print Parenting newsletters in both English and Spanish that are matched to your child’s age or listen to audio files while you work on other projects and learn useful parenting tips. Options are also available to search by specific topic for parenting information. Parents really do better when they read parenting newsletters!
- Better Kid Care
- Child & Family Web Guide
- Children, Youth and Families Education and Resource Network CYFERnet
- Consumer Products Safety Commission
Parents Forever: The Impact of Divorce on Children Program
The Parents Forever: The Impact of Divorce on Children Program is a mandatory, two session program that focuses on the child or children’s experience of divorce and highlights co-parenting skills for parents. The program assists parents in understanding and responding to the needs of their children before, during and after divorce. Guidelines on cooperative parenting and keeping children “out of the middle” provided.
If you have any questions regarding the Parents Forever program, please contact: Manitowoc County UW-Extension, 4319 Expo Drive, P.O. Box 935, Manitowoc, WI 54221-0935 or phone: 920-683-4171 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Agro Security: This includes information about animals, assessing risks, food safety, worker safety, and much more.
- Disaster Handbook
- Disaster Management and Recovery from UW-Extension
- Extension Disaster Education Network (EDEN) – From food safety to field safety, from physical to psychological, and from government to community development, EDEN has resources you can use. deal with an exhaustive list of flood-related issues such as agriculture, human safety, and financial losses/compensation.
- Family Caregiving Disaster Preparedness – Information on stress and decision making, safe sheltering of your home, and things caregivers should know in a disaster.
- FLOODS: Clean up and Recovery – Information on what to do when you enter the home for the first time.
- American Savings and Education Council (AMSEC) has a mission to make saving and retirement planning a priority for all Americans.
- Federal Trade Commission deals with issues that touch the economic life of every American.
- Social Security official website
Food and Nutrition
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans to promote health and reduce risk for major chronic diseases
- Food and Nutrition Education Center The Food and Nutrition Education Center provides credible, accurate, and practical resources for consumers, nutrition and health professionals, educators, and government personnel. Topics from A to Z and a nutrient database are available.
- Food Safety At this University of Wisconsin Extension website link find hot topics to keep you informed, training announcements, food preservation recipes and tips
- Nutrition information you can trust from the world’s largest organization of food and nutrition professional at the American Dietetic Association (ADA).
- Food Preservation publications to view, download, or purchase
- Safety Alerts, Safety Recalls, and Tips from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration
- Vegetable Fact Guides from the Wisconsin Fresh Market Vegetable Growers Association
- Food Resources Available in Manitowoc County If you are in need of free or low cost food
Manitowoc County Issues and Demographics
- Family Caregiving: Members of the community can support family caregivers in many ways.
- Hunger Close to Home: Hunger is a real problem for Wisconsin families.
- Making Ends Meet: Resources to help families
Teri Zuege-Halvorsen, Family Living EducatorManitowoc County – UW Extension
Manitowoc County Office Complex
4319 Expo Drive
PO Box 935 Manitowoc, WI 54221-0935
Phone: 920-683-4168 Fax: 920-683-5062