The divorce education co-parenting program will assist you in understanding and responding to the needs of your children before, during and after divorce. Guidelines on cooperative parenting and keeping children “out of the middle” will be presented. The program will provide tools for successful co-parenting of your child(ren).
The class consists of one (3 hour) session offered on consecutive week every month of the year. The cost of the program is $20/per parent (cash, check or money order), payable before the first session. You will not be registered for the program until the fee has been paid. You will receive an email confirmation that you are registered for the classes. If you do not have an email, you will receive a phone call to the number(s) you provided on your enrollment form. Enrollment is limited to 25 participants per month. You will have to pick another month if enrollment is full. Be sure you plan ahead so you are able to enroll in the month that you want.
The program is conducted in Room #300 at the Manitowoc County Office Complex at 4319 Expo Drive, Manitowoc, WI 54221-0935.
The class will cover the following topics:
- Parents will understand the experience of family transition and how it effects children
- Parents will understand loss, grief and how it impacts children
- Parents will learn how family transition affects children according to age and developmental stage
- Parents will learn strategies to parent your children during family transitions
- Parents will learn strategies for effective co-parenting
- Parents will learn the basics of custody and placement
- Parents will understand how parenting style affects the parent child relationship
- Parents will develop strategies for co-parenting
- Parents will understand the value of a parenting plan for co-parenting
Within seven (7) days of the order, you must contact the Manitowoc County UW-Extension office at 4319 Expo Drive, P.O. Box 935, Manitowoc, WI, 54221-0935, (920) 683-4169. The classes are not therapeutic but educational. You will be required to complete this program before a final divorce judgment can be entered. Spouses have the option of registering for the same or different months of the program. Any questions regarding registration or attendance issues can be handled by contacting (920) 683-4171.
See below for the 2017 classes
2017 Divorce Co-Parenting Class Dates
|2017 Dates||Day of the Week||Time||Location|
|January 17||Tuesday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||MCOC Room #300|
|February 28||Tuesday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||MCOC Room #300|
|March 22||Wednesday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||MCOC Room #300|
|April 18||Tuesday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||MCOC Room #300|
|May 16||Tuesday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||MCOC Room #300|
|June 20||Tuesday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||MCOC Room #300|
|July 18||Tuesday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||MCOC Room #300|
|August 23||Wednesday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||MCOC Room #300|
|September 19||Tuesday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||MCOC Room #300|
|October 18||Wednesday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||MCOC Room #300|
|November 7||Tuesday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||MCOC Room #300|
|December 19||Tuesday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||MCOC Room #300|