The divorce education co-parenting program will assist you in understanding and responding to the needs of your children before, during and after divorce. Guidelines on cooperative parenting and keeping children “out of the middle” will be presented. The program will provide tools for successful co-parenting of your child(ren).
The class consists of one (3 hour) session offered on consecutive week every month of the year. The cost of the program is $20/per parent (cash, check or money order), payable before the first session. You will not be registered for the program until the fee has been paid. You will receive an email confirmation that you are registered for the classes. If you do not have an email, you will receive a phone call to the number(s) you provided on your enrollment form. Enrollment is limited to 25 participants per month. You will have to pick another month if enrollment is full. Be sure you plan ahead so you are able to enroll in the month that you want.
Within seven (7) days of the order, you must contact the Manitowoc County UW-Extension office at 4319 Expo Drive, P.O. Box 935, Manitowoc, WI, 54221-0935, (920) 683-4169. The classes are not therapeutic but educational. You will be required to complete this program before a final divorce judgment can be entered. Spouses have the option of registering for the same or different months of the program. Any questions regarding registration or attendance issues can be handled by contacting (920) 683-4171.
The program is conducted in Room #300 at the Manitowoc County Office Complex at 4319 Expo Drive, Manitowoc, WI 54221-0935.
The class will cover the following topics:
- Parents will understand the experience of family transition and how it effects children
- Parents will understand loss, grief and how it impacts children
- Parents will learn how family transition affects children according to age and developmental stage
- Parents will learn strategies to parent your children during family transitions
- Parents will learn strategies for effective co-parenting
- Parents will learn the basics of custody and placement
- Parents will understand how parenting style affects the parent child relationship
- Parents will develop strategies for co-parenting
- Parents will understand the value of a parenting plan for co-parenting
- See Co-parenting flyer for more
2017 Class Schedule:
Cancelled – December 19th, 3:00PM to 6:00PM, MCOC Room # 300
2018 Class Schedule:
|January 16||Tuesday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||Room #300|
|February 20||Tuesday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||Room #300|
|March 15||Thursday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||Room #300|
|April 17||Tuesday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||Room #300|
|May 16||Wednesday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||Room #300|
|June 21||Thursday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||Room #300|
|July 17||Tuesday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||Room #300|
|August 16||Thursday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||Room #300|
|September 18||Tuesday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||Room #300|
|October 18||Thursday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||Room #300|
|November 14||Wednesday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||Room #300|
|December 5||Wednesday||3:00 – 6:00 PM||Room #300|